Re: Can I synchronize two master DB clusters except BDR ?

От pavan95
Тема Re: Can I synchronize two master DB clusters except BDR ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Lee,

>(1) Retain postgresql-10 server and find some method  to synchronize two
master DB clusters.
>- I know logical replication cannot deal with my problem. ( it's one
direction only )
> - Is there other method to use ?
Unfortunately, no

>(2) Downgrade my DB server to 9.4 and use BDR1 for synchronizing.
> - As I know, I can use BDR1 for free now.
> - I'm using basic functions of postgresql-10 so I think downgrading itself
> may not cause big  problem. But >I'm worrying about unknown problem.
> - Are 9.4 and 10 different significantly?
Yes, Postgres 10 incorporated many a features in it.
> - Can I upgrade my 9.4 data to 10 later ? This is what I really worry
> about.
I think you could upgrade.

>Could you give me any idea ?
One thing that strikes my mind is how you configure Logical Replication from
publisher to subscriber, same way you can do it for subscriber too. But
tried it, and it seemed to fail due to the replica_identity set or due to
primary key(orelse, we will end up with redundant data)
Refer the below link:

https://blog.dbi-services.com/can-i-have-the-same-table-published-and-subscribed-bi-directional-in-postgresql-10-logical-replication/

<https://blog.dbi-services.com/can-i-have-the-same-table-published-and-subscribed-bi-directional-in-postgresql-10-logical-replication/>

Regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html

От: Erwin Fritz
Сообщение: RE: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?
От: Wim Bertels
Сообщение: Re: Setting up SSL for postgre