Re: Recent eelpout failures on 9.x branches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recent eelpout failures on 9.x branches
Дата
Re: Recent eelpout failures on 9.x branches  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Unfortunately, eelpout got kicked off the nice shiny ARM server it was
> running on so last week I moved it to a rack mounted Raspberry Pi.  It
> seems to be totally I/O starved causing some timeouts to be reached,
> and I'm looking into fixing that by adding fast storage.  This may
> take a few days.  Sorry for the noise.

Ah-hah.  Now that I look, eelpout is very clearly slower overall
than it was a couple weeks ago, so all is explained.

It might still be reasonable to raise wal_sender_timeout in the
buildfarm environment, though.  We usually try to make sure that
buildfarm timeouts border on ridiculous, not just because of
underpowered critters but also for cases like CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
animals.

I'm also wondering a bit why the issue isn't affecting the newer
branches.  It's certainly not because we made the test shorter ...