Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed

От Lee Kindness
Тема Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It's really quite simple, the Sun C compiler (acc) does not understand
the -Wl flag, rather it passes the -R and -h options onto the linker
verbatim.

Given the only two (realistic) compiler choices under Solaris are gcc
and acc it makes sense to support then both 'out of the box'.

I keep a similar patch to Denis's (without the wierd hi-ascii
characters in his) lying around for when i build a Solaris version.

Regards, Lee Kindness.

Peter Eisentraut writes:> Denis A Ustimenko writes:> > [change -Wl,-R to -R and -Wl,-h to -h]> > I'm having a difficult
timeunderstanding this.  Both -R and -h are linker> options, not compiler options.  So while the compiler driver might
benice> enough to recognize them as the former and pass them through, this change> just pushes these chances, and it
doesn'tadd any theoretical change of> functionality.> > So, if you want this to be fixed, you're going to have to start
with>explaining your problem, and then we can start looking for solutions.> > -- > Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net
http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter>> > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------> TIP 4:
Don't'kill -9' the postmaster