Re: PQstatus() detect change in connection...

От Matthew Hagerty
Тема Re: PQstatus() detect change in connection...
Дата
Re: PQstatus() detect change in connection...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I am trying to re-establish a connection, however, I cannot afford to issue
a query to determine if the connection still exists.  I'm writing a server
that uses the asynchronous query processing functions and speed is an
issue.  Queries are slow compared to what the server does and it cannot
wait around for a query to finish just to see if another query *should* be
attempted based on the connection status.

I've been digging into the libpq code to see what is going on, maybe I can
gleam a little hint or two  there...  Anyone know a good *fast* way to test
if a socket is still valid?

Thanks,
Matthew