Re: Database permissions

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Database permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Art,

On Feb 8, 2005, at 11:51 PM, Art Fore wrote:

> More confused than ever. The pg_hba.conf file shown below was what I
> had originaly to get phppgadmin to work. Changed the
>
> local     all         all                               ident md5

> local     all         all                               trust
>
> and it started to working again with phppgadmin, but now, access via
> ODBC (with MSAccess)does not work. All I get is #DELETED for every
> oolumn and every row.
>
> could someone explain that to me?

I assume phpPgAdmin now works because the web server is on the same
machine as the database. Accepting the connection has nothing to do
with the machine the browser is running on. Setting this to trust and
using phpPgAdmin is not good from a security standpoint. You should
look at the FAQ and INSTALL files in the pgpPgAdmin installation for
further details on setting this up.

With ODBC, do you see authentication errors in your PostgreSQL log?
This might provide the clue you need to fix the problem.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL