Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page

От Antonin Houska
Тема Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page
Дата
Re: Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
Re: Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
While working on the instance encryption I found it annoying to apply
decyption of XLOG page to three different functions. Attached is a patch that
tries to merge them all into one function, XLogRead(). The existing
implementations differ in the way new segment is opened. So I added a pointer
to callback function as a new argument. This callback handles the specific
ways to determine segment file name and to open the file.

I can split the patch into multiple diffs to make detailed review easier, but
first I'd like to hear if anything is seriously wrong about this
design. Thanks.

--
Antonin Houska

Вложения