Re: Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 2:06 AM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
While working on the instance encryption I found it annoying to apply
decyption of XLOG page to three different functions. Attached is a patch that
tries to merge them all into one function, XLogRead(). The existing
implementations differ in the way new segment is opened. So I added a pointer
to callback function as a new argument. This callback handles the specific
ways to determine segment file name and to open the file.

I can split the patch into multiple diffs to make detailed review easier, but
first I'd like to hear if anything is seriously wrong about this
design. Thanks.

I didn't check the code, but it is good to combine all the 3 page read functions
into one instead of spreading the logic.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia