Re: [pgadmin-support] 4th Try: pgadmin4 install, launch fail

От stancs3
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] 4th Try: pgadmin4 install, launch fail
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Many thanks for the reply Dave! I feel a bit like that message that
Firefox diplays after crashing, the embarrassment one.

Anyway here is what I did:

xxxxxxxxxx pgadmin4-web]$ python3 setup.py
pgAdmin 4 - Application Initialisation
======================================

The configuration database - '/home/xxxxxx/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.db' does
not exist.
Entering initial setup mode...
NOTE: Configuring authentication for DESKTOP mode.

The configuration database has been created at
/home/xxxxxx/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.db

xxxxxxxxx pgadmin4-web]$ python3 ./pgAdmin4.py
Starting pgAdmin 4. Please navigate to http://localhost:5050 in your
browser.

>> And it works nicely in the web browser <<

Maybe I should just be happy, but I was trying to get it working as a
desktop app.

I tried changing the exec in the desktop app launcher to be prefixed
with python3 but that did not help. The error is:

"An error occurred initialising the application server:

Failed to locate pgAdmin5.py, terminating server thread."

I feel I am so close .... is there some further advice on this last
part.

Thanks again,

Stan