Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS
Дата
Список buildfarm-members
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 07:12:07PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I could embark on a massive update binge, but that would sort of defeat
>> the purpose of testing against old Perl versions.  Thoughts?

> You could use install a more modern Perl version just for the
> buildfarm client while keeping the system perl marooned however far in
> the past we promise to support.  Don't know just how painful that is
> on those machines...

Yeah, I was thinking about the same: build a modern perl somewhere off to
the side (not in the normal PATH) and run the buildfarm script using that
while the build per se continues to use the system Perl.  The pain here
is going to mostly come from the buildfarm script itself, I'm afraid.
One thing I noticed right away is it's got /usr/bin/perl hardwired into
all its shebang lines.  Don't know what other gotchas there are.

            regards, tom lane

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS
Сообщение: Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS