Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS
Дата
Список buildfarm-members

On 01/08/2017 10:34 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
>> On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 07:12:07PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I could embark on a massive update binge, but that would sort of defeat
>>> the purpose of testing against old Perl versions.  Thoughts?
>> You could use install a more modern Perl version just for the
>> buildfarm client while keeping the system perl marooned however far in
>> the past we promise to support.  Don't know just how painful that is
>> on those machines...
> Yeah, I was thinking about the same: build a modern perl somewhere off to
> the side (not in the normal PATH) and run the buildfarm script using that
> while the build per se continues to use the system Perl.  The pain here
> is going to mostly come from the buildfarm script itself, I'm afraid.
> One thing I noticed right away is it's got /usr/bin/perl hardwired into
> all its shebang lines.  Don't know what other gotchas there are.

That's more or less how the Msys stuff works. The buildfarm scripts run
using the Msys DTK client (so we get the virtual paths right) but builds
against AS perl.

And in fact there is provision for running the web transaction using a
different perl. Right now it's only used in very limited circumstances
(older Msys where LWP isn't supported at all in the DTK perl) but we
could expand it. For example, we could run it any time aux_path is
actually set. See the code starting around line 2097 of run_build.pl.

There's no great urgency about this. And I want to do it with minimal
disturbance, so let's get it right.

cheers

andrew

В списке buildfarm-members по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS
Сообщение: Re: [buildfarm-members] Moving to HTTPS