Re: [GENERAL] Language support of postgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Language support of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
> I thought Postgres supported client_encodings of BIG5, GB18030, and GBK,
> all of which can be stored in the server using either UTF8 or
> MULE_INTERNAL (MultiLingual EMACS) encodings for internal storage ?

Hm, there's MULE<=>BIG5 converters but I don't see any for GBK or
GB18030.  Also, it looks like the MULE<=>BIG5 converters do some
re-encoding, so it's not clear to me whether they're lossless,
which I assume is the concern driving this request.

Still, you're right, there's more than one way to skin this cat.
Somebody could write an encoding converter that translates one
of these ASCII-unsafe representations into an ASCII-safe format
to be used internally in the backend, and then the reverse on
the way out.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Language support of postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Language support of postgresql