Re: Can not deleted all record

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can not deleted all record
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andrew Biagioni <andrew.biagioni@e-greek.net> writes:
> "ERROR:  Query was cancelled." usually means that the query is taking too long,
> and you exceeded the maximum time specified in your postgresql.conf file.

I doubt he has statement_timeout set, or it would have occurred to him
that he's shooting himself in the foot ;-)

My bet is that something external to Postgres is sending a SIGINT signal
to the backend.  There are a number of possible reasons for this, but
two mistakes I've seen newbies make are:
  * launch the postmaster from an interactive terminal, and forget to
    dissociate it completely from the interactive session (should use
    nohup and make sure that stdin, stdout, stderr are all redirected).
    Then any control-C typed in that session will zap the postmaster
    and all backends.
  * launch postmaster with non-infinite ulimit settings.  The backend
    trying to do a complete vacuum could be hitting limits on process
    runtime or amount of I/O.