Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
   Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Alan Hodgson, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Wales Wang, )

Mark Kirkwood <> writes:
> I'm helping set up a Red Hat 5.5 system for Postgres. I was going to
> recommend xfs for the filesystem - however it seems that xfs is
> supported as a technology preview "layered product" for 5.5. This
> apparently means that the xfs tools are only available via special
> channels.

It also means that it's probably not production grade, anyway.

> What are Red Hat using people choosing for a good performing filesystem?

What's your time horizon?  RHEL6 will have full support for xfs.
On RHEL5 I really wouldn't consider anything except ext3.