Re: Bug in pgpool-II packages

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Bug in pgpool-II packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Bernd,

On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 18:02 +0100, Bernd Helmle wrote:

> Looks like pgpool-II start scripts in 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4 are broken.

Not surprising :-(

> The start script looks to source /etc/sysconfig/pgpool. However, since we
> install pgpool.sysconfig now as /etc/sysconfig/pgpool-II-<MAJVERSION>, $OPTS in the
> start script won't be set. One outcome is that per default logging into
> $PGPOOLLOG doesn't work.
>
> Attached is a patch against the 9.3 init scripts, but this can be adjusted
> for 9.4/9.2 as well, i believe.

Thanks, applied:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=92546c509c5af850d765ec0d3ce2873d497a2f96

> Also the patch to the sample config file pgpool.conf.sample.patch needs to
> be adjusted for 9.3. It has the following:
>
> -logdir = '/var/log/pgpool'
> +logdir = '/var/log/pgpool-II-94'
>                                     # Directory of pgPool status file
>                                     # (change requires restart)
>
> Which might be confusing.

I fixed this, too:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=b635c314f2f10757e3a813f9021212f2f1950e32

> However, we don't create the logdir during the RPM installation either, so there might be more to do.

Good point. Actually the init script is supposed (!) to do that, but it
is broken, too.

I'm a bit tired now, but I think I can fix it soon.

Thanks for the report!

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: New or updated packages in the repo