Re: PGDG repo differences for RHEL 6.6 / 7.

От Graeme B. Bell
Тема Re: PGDG repo differences for RHEL 6.6 / 7.
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum

On 27 Jan 2015, at 17:33, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 11:57 +0000, Graeme B. Bell wrote:
>
>> We use PGDG rpms for postgres and postgis, and to make sure postgis works as expected we use the PGDG GDAL build
thataccompanies it.
>> However, we run Centos 7 on some machines (mostly newer development machines) and Centos 6.6 on our servers.
>>
>> Is there a reason why the RHEL6 branch of PGDG uses gdal 1.9, whereas the RHEL7 branch uses gdal 1.11?
>
> We always try to use new technologies in newer releases. GDAL 1.11 has
> some features that people will benefit.
>
>> Currently because PGDG postgis/gdal rpms are built against two different versions of gdal which means our systems
aren'tconsistent.
>> For example, drivers, bugfixes/performance are different.
>>
>> For GIS database work it would be great if we could keep these consistent and then we know that GDAL-originating
errorswill be replicable in both environments.

> Well, you can always build your RPMs on CentOS 7 machines using the
> SRPMs for CentOS 6. We cannot stick with old version for long time.

Hi Devrim,

Thanks very much for your reply.

- Do you think there is any possibility that the PGDG RHEL6 builds could be updated to gdal 1.11 to match the RHEL7
branch?

- It seems that there is no "BIGTIFF" support in the PGDG GDAL in RHEL6.
This is strange because BIGTIFF has been supported since GDAL 1.4.4 (2007).
That means that raster sizes are limited to 4GB which is pretty small for anyone doing national level work.

Is there any reason that the BIGTIFF option isn't supported or could it be enabled in future builds?
Perhaps the person who is building is not using libtiff or has disabled it?

===
> gdalwarp A.tif B.tif -co "BIGTIFF=YES"
  Creating output file that is 120000P x 150000L.
  Warning 6: Driver GTiff does not support BIGTIFF creation option
===

Graeme.

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: Bug in pgpool-II packages
От: David Markham
Сообщение: Unable to create postgis 2.1.5 extension in PG9.2.8/rhel6