Bug in pgpool-II packages

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Bug in pgpool-II packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi all,

Looks like pgpool-II start scripts in 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4 are broken.

The start script looks to source /etc/sysconfig/pgpool. However, since we
install
pgpool.sysconfig now as /etc/sysconfig/pgpool-II-<MAJVERSION>, $OPTS in the
start script won't be set. One outcome is that per default logging into
$PGPOOLLOG
doesn't work.

Attached is a patch against the 9.3 init scripts, but this can be adjusted
for 9.4/9.2 as well, i believe.

Also the patch to the sample config file pgpool.conf.sample.patch needs to
be adjusted for 9.3. It has the following:

-logdir = '/var/log/pgpool'
+logdir = '/var/log/pgpool-II-94'
                                    # Directory of pgPool status file
                                    # (change requires restart)

Which might be confusing. However, we don't create the logdir during the
RPM installation either, so there might be more to do.

--
Thanks

    Bernd

Вложения