Re: CURRENT/OLD keywords still broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CURRENT/OLD keywords still broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That was me.  The old code did old -> current, so I changed it to do
> current -> old.  How else can I fix this?  Attached is the old patch.

But CURRENT was strictly an internal token name, not a string the user
could actually see.  So there's no need to have
+     /* for portability with old rules bjm 2000-06-12 */
+     {"current", OLD},

The only way that there would be a compatibility problem would be if
ruleutils.c had been set up to print CURRENT, but it wasn't:

*** 1278,1284 ****                                        quote_identifier(rte->relname));                   else if
(!strcmp(rte->ref->relname,"*NEW*"))                       appendStringInfo(buf, "new.");

!                       else if (!strcmp(rte->ref->relname, "*CURRENT*"))                       appendStringInfo(buf,
"old.");                  else                       appendStringInfo(buf, "%s.",

--- 1278,1284 ----                                        quote_identifier(rte->relname));                   else if
(!strcmp(rte->ref->relname,"*NEW*"))                       appendStringInfo(buf, "new.");

!                       else if (!strcmp(rte->ref->relname, "*OLD*"))                       appendStringInfo(buf,
"old.");                  else

NEW and OLD are what the user see, and have been for awhile.  So there's
no compatibility issue here.