Re: PITR WAL Restore and configuration

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PITR WAL Restore and configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Techie <techchavez@gmail.com> wrote:

> let's say for example I want to restore the Base Backup from 6
> months ago, I only have the Base Backups.. Will I be able to
> recover to that point in time using that Base backup?

Not without all of the WAL files from the point pg_start_backup()
was run until the point pg_stop_backup() was run.  Earlier WAL
files won't matter.  You will be able to restore to any point in
time from when pg_stop_backup() onward as long as you have an
unbroken series of WAL files (and any .history files which were
generated).

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com