Re: language cleanups in code and docs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: language cleanups in code and docs
Дата
Re: language cleanups in code and docs  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: language cleanups in code and docs  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 6/15/20 2:22 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> 2) 'master' as a reference to the branch. Personally I be in favor of
>> changing the branch name, but it seems like it'd be better done as a
>> somewhat separate discussion to me, as it affects development
>> practices to some degree.

> I'm OK with this, but I would need plenty of notice to get the buildfarm
> adjusted.

"master" is the default branch name established by git, is it not?  Not
something we picked.  I don't feel like we need to be out front of the
rest of the world in changing that.  It'd be a cheaper change than some of
the other proposals in this thread, no doubt, but it would still create
confusion for new hackers who are used to the standard git convention.