Re: wal_consistency_checking reports an inconsistency on masterbranch

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: wal_consistency_checking reports an inconsistency on masterbranch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/04/13 7:36, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> In short, it looks like the tests added to update.sql by commit
>> 2f178441 ("Allow UPDATE to move rows between partitions") lead to this
>> failure, since I always hit a problem when update.sql is reached. I
>> haven't gone to the trouble of digging any deeper than that just yet.
>
> Without having looked at it in much detail, this seems rather more
> likely to be the fault of 2f178441. That was recent enough that it's
> easy to believe that I'd be the first to notice it, and actually has
> on-disk changes, in the form of ItemPointerSetMovedPartitions().

I think you meant f16241bef7cc2 (Raise error when affecting tuple moved
into different partition), because it's the one that adds
ItemPointerSetMovedPartitions.  Commit 2f178441 you quoted added the test
that triggered the failure.

Thanks,
Amit