Re: Compile errors when building 32-bit on 64-bit system

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compile errors when building 32-bit on 64-bit system
Дата
Re: Compile errors when building 32-bit on 64-bit system  (Andy Shellam <andy-lists@networkmail.eu>)
Список pgsql-admin
Andy Shellam <andy-lists@networkmail.eu> writes:
> Tom,
>> Doubtless, your problem is that you're setting LD not LDFLAGS.

> Nope, I originally had LDFLAGS set to "-m32" instead of LD, and it
> failed with another error trying to link the localtime.o object (which
> it had compiled as 64-bit) to create SYS-something-or-other.o (which it
> was trying to create as 32-bit.)

That sounds like you hadn't yet figured out to set CFLAGS too.

> A quick Google revealed setting that
> flag in the LD environment variable, which got it a bit further but then
> bought up this error.

Google or no Google, you're setting the wrong variable.

You might possibly have better luck using 8.4 for this, as we got rid of
the intermediate SUBSYS.o files, which tend to confuse matters in a
multiarch environment.

Сообщение: Re: Compile errors when building 32-bit on 64-bit system
Сообщение: Re: Compile errors when building 32-bit on 64-bit system