Re: Reg. Restore

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Reg. Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Venakata Ramana <ramana.pls@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using postgresql 9.1.5. on windows Xp.

You should update to a more current minor release.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

> 1. Restore of DB is very slow.
>     How to improve the speed of Restore?

You need to provide more information on how you backed up, how you
are restoring, and what the bottleneck seems to be.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/backup.html

> 2. Without indexes, retrieving from table is fast?
>     After creating an index on that table, then the retrieval
>     become slow.

There's not enough information to give much advice.  Please read
this page and start a new thread on the pgsql-performance list:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com