Re: postgres connections in IDLE state..

От jaime soler
Тема Re: postgres connections in IDLE state..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
El jue, 03-10-2013 a las 16:34 +0000, Rajagopalan, Jayashree escribió:
> Thanks.
>
> But what is the process id that is attached to the connection?
You can look at pid field in the pg_stat_activity system view.

>  Can I track down or debug/ get more information related to that process id?
I'd use operating system tools like lsof, it provides you information
related to devices, files opened... or if you want to know application
information you should use java debuger like jconsole, jvisualvm.

> Regards
> Jayashree

use,are "IDLE".  I would expect to see a single connection for every permanent pool connection.

> I don't see any problem with what you show and describe other than I'd expect more than 2 idle connections and I'd
expectthe supposed "problem" to be persistent.

> In your example the backend has been alive and in the pool since 9/11 and the most recent time it was used was 10/2.
Inbetween those two dates there were many other times the connection was used.