Re: Slow Remote connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slow Remote connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jean-Arthur Silve <jeanarthur@eurovox.fr> writes:
> I tried to connect with psql -h 127.0.0.1 mydb and it's slow (+/- 5 sec.)
> and psql mydb is fast ( less than 1 sec.) !

> Here is my pg_hba :
> local      all                                          trust
> host       all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255    trust
> host       all         my_ip 255.255.255.255 trust

Weird.  You're using trust in both cases, so there's no reason for
authentication to make any difference.

The only thing I can think of is that something is wrong with DNS name
resolution.  Do you have hostname_lookup enabled in postgresql.conf?
Does changing it to the other setting make any difference?  (Don't
forget to SIGHUP the postmaster after changing postgresql.conf, else
it won't notice.)