Re: Linux group access to ..../psql/data & subdirectories

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Linux group access to ..../psql/data & subdirectories
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Birchall, Austen wrote
> 9.2 on Red Hat 6
>
> I would like users other than postgres to be able to 'see' the postgres
> owned files and directories that are under ....../psql/data
>
> However definitely a Linux group and giving group access:
>
> 750 to them gives me
>

> FATAL:  data directory "........../pgsql/data" has group or world access
>
> DETAIL:  Permissions should be u=rwx (0700).
>

> Is there any way around this?
>
> Austen
>

> Austen Birchall  Senior Database Administrator
> Met Office

I would advise you to comment on WHY you feel that such is necessary.

I cannot speak to whether sub-directories can be made less-secure and still
allow the server to start but in short the "/pgsql/data" directory has
intentionally been setup so that it can only be accessed by root or postgres
while the server is running.

From my limited knowledge, if you disagree and want to change that policy
you will need to compile from source after locating and changing the
relevant code.

David J.