Re: Fw: [osdldbt-general] Running DBT5 on remote database server

От Samrat Revagade
Тема Re: Fw: [osdldbt-general] Running DBT5 on remote database server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>I want test the PostgreSQL performance using DBT5, where my PostgreSQL
running on server (say >192.168.56.101) and want to test the performance
executing DBT5 on other machine (say 192.168.56.102).
>My aim is test the database performance excluding overhead to testing tool
running on same machine.
>Is this possible using existing DBT5 code or need to modify somehow ?

Its always beneficial to use a wrapper script on the top of a benchmark.
In such a scenarios you can use two servers (Database server,Test server)
You can run this wrapper script on test server against database server.
In this case the resources of Database servers are used only for running the
benchmark, and Test server can be used for many activities, such as Results
collection ,resource usage collection etc. IOW you can avoid bottleneck of
testing tool.

Greg smith has written a very nice script for pgbnech benchmark.
You can reuse most of the part.
here is the link for that:
https://github.com/gregs1104/pgbench-tools
hope this will be helpful.