Recovery in PostgreSql

От Sumita Chatterjee
Тема Recovery in PostgreSql
Дата
Re: Recovery in PostgreSql  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have two questions:

1. In Postgresql, what is the name of the exact DATAFILE under the DATA
DIRECTORY ?

2. We want to prepare a backup machine (for disaster management) by
passing only the ARCHIVEDIR directory from another online machine - both
the machines have Postgresql installed. We have sent PGLOG and ARCHIVEDIR
but the recovery is not successful unless we send the FULL DATA Directory.

Please help us in resolving this problem whereby we do not have to send
the full DATA Directory.

The version of Postgresql is 8.0.3 on SuSe Linux 9.

Thanks and Regards

Sumita Chatterjee