Re: Recovery in PostgreSql

От Chris
Тема Re: Recovery in PostgreSql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sumita Chatterjee wrote:
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. In Postgresql, what is the name of the exact DATAFILE under the DATA
> DIRECTORY ?

It depends. The subfolders under data are the OID of the database - they
are not stored per name.

> 2. We want to prepare a backup machine (for disaster management) by
> passing only the ARCHIVEDIR directory from another online machine - both
> the machines have Postgresql installed. We have sent PGLOG and ARCHIVEDIR
> but the recovery is not successful unless we send the FULL DATA Directory.

You're out of luck.

Even this method is dangerous - differences in platforms, software
versions will cause issues.

Why not use pg_dumpall or pg_dump ?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: Creating serial ID on Windows.