Re: TOAST issue on custom index access method

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TOAST issue on custom index access method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Carsten Kropf <ckropf2@fh-hof.de> writes:
> However, it is a little bit strange, that I get toasted values (when inserting from another table) and untoasted
values,if I insert items directly. Could anybody please explain this to me?

Huh?  An index will never ever get passed an externally-toasted value.
See the TOAST_INDEX_HACK code in indextuple.c.

От: Carsten Kropf
Сообщение: Re: TOAST issue on custom index access method
От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TCP keepalive support to libpq.