Re: TOAST issue on custom index access method

От Carsten Kropf
Тема Re: TOAST issue on custom index access method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hmm,
k, then I don't know exactly what happens. I have some values in my composite type. The size of the index tuple (if
comingfrom one table and being copied to the target table) is about 15x bytes. Otherwise, if I insert the same tuple
directly,it is about 12kb. So, I don't know exactly what happens here, unfortunately.
Best regardsCarsten Kropf
Am 24.06.2010 um 17:08 schrieb Tom Lane:

> Carsten Kropf <ckropf2@fh-hof.de> writes:
>> However, it is a little bit strange, that I get toasted values (when inserting from another table) and untoasted
values,if I insert items directly. Could anybody please explain this to me?