Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TCP keepalive support to libpq.

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TCP keepalive support to libpq.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 24, 2010, at 16:45 , Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

>>> You can do this:
>>>
>>> psql "host=127.0.0.1 options='-c tcp_keepalives_idle=1'"
>>
>> Hm, seems a bit error-prone though. The difference between the above
>>
>> psql "host=127.0.0.1 keepalives=1"
>>
>> isn't immediately obvious I'd say.
>>
>> Should we maybe rename the libpq-side parameters to tcp_client_keepalives, tcp_client_keepalives_idle,
tcp_client_keepalives_countand tcp_client_keepalives_interval? Or do we expect people who fiddle with those parameters
tounderstand the subtle difference?

> I think the existing names are fine - people should understand that
> "options" means "server-side options" and that anything else is a
> client-side option.  However, if there's a strong consensus the other
> way and someone feels like working up a patch, that's fine too.

I'd volunteer to create the patch if people think renaming the libpq options is a good idea.

best regards,
Florian Pflug