Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)
Дата
Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> It'd sure be nice if seawasp stopped spamming the buildfarm failure log,
>> too.

> There was a silent API breakage (same API, different behavior, how nice…)
> in llvm main that Andres figured out, which will have to be fixed at some
> point, so this is reminder that it is still a todo…

If it were *our* todo, that would be one thing; but it isn't.

> Not sure when a fix is
> planned, though. I'm afraid portability may require that different code is
> executed depending on llvm version. Or maybe we should wrestle a revert on
> llvm side? Hmmm…

> So I'm not very confident that the noise will go away quickly, sorry.

Could you please just shut down the animal until that's dealt with?
It's extremely unpleasant to have to root through a lot of useless
failures to find the ones that might be of interest.  Right now
serinus and seawasp are degrading this report nearly to uselessness:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl