Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

>> So I'm not very confident that the noise will go away quickly, sorry.
>
> Could you please just shut down the animal until that's dealt with?

Hmmm… Obviously I can.

However, please note that the underlying logic of "a test is failing,
let's just remove it" does not sound right to me at all:-(

The test is failing because there is a problem, and shuting down the test
to improve a report does not in any way help to fix it, it just helps to
hide it.

> It's extremely unpleasant to have to root through a lot of useless
> failures

I do not understand how they are useless. Pg does not work properly with
current LLVM, and keeps on not working. I think that this information is
worthy, even if I do not like it and would certainly prefer a quick fix.

> to find the ones that might be of interest.  Right now serinus and
> seawasp are degrading this report nearly to uselessness:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl

IMHO, the report should be improved, not the test removed.

If you insist I will shut down the animal, bit I'd prefer not to.

I think that the reminder has value, and just because some report is not
designed to handle this nicely does not seem like a good reason to do
that.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)
Сообщение: Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)