Re: Is it possible to import raw data directories in a cluster (Debian)?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: Is it possible to import raw data directories in a cluster (Debian)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 10:08 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> In any event, if the files are recovered to their original
> locations, the database should start.
I think that he lost the postgres database in the proces, which seems to
hold the information for every database in the cluster.

> > Of course he has no useful backups,
>
> That should never be an "of course"
I should have marked the cynical mode a bit more clear ;-)

> What upgrade?
See the cynical remark above.

> I thought you said that pg_dropcluster was what was
> run?  When you say the directories are "untouched" does that mean
> that no files have been deleted from them?
Apart from the postgres and template* databases...

> Import?  From what?  From the earlier parts of your post it sounded
> like you need someone who knows the OS and its utilities to see if
> they can recover deleted files.  If you can recover them to the
> directories from which they were deleted, I would expect the
> database cluster to start right up.
Mmmmm. Than he has a problem. XFS does not support undelete.

Thanks for the answer.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: What are all the reasons/possibilities of failure to free-up disk space occupied by TEMPORARY table?
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to import raw data directories in a cluster (Debian)?