Re: Is it possible to import raw data directories in a cluster (Debian)?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Is it possible to import raw data directories in a cluster (Debian)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

>> I thought you said that pg_dropcluster was what was
>> run?  When you say the directories are "untouched" does that mean
>> that no files have been deleted from them?
> Apart from the postgres and template* databases...

Ah, if the directories containing the data had not yet been touched,
an expert might be able to extract the data.  It would take a lot of
skill and a lot of time (read "not inexpensive to do"), but if
you're right about the files being there in the application
database(s), it might be done.

-Kevin