Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3

От bobbyw
Тема Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3
Дата
Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3  (Mark Wong <markwkm@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in since I am having
problems with this as well.

I too am trying to run dbt5 against Postgres.  Specifically I am trying to
run it against Postgres 9.1beta3.

After jumping through many hoops I ultimately was able to build dbt5 on my
debian environment, but when I attempt to run the benchmark with:

dbt5-run-workload -a pgsql -c 5000 -t 5000 -d 60 -u 1 -i ~/dbt5-0.1.0/egen
-f 500 -w 300 -n dbt5 -p 5432 -o /tmp/results

it runs to completion but all of the dbt5 log files contain errors like:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'pqxx::broken_connection'
  what():  could not connect to server: No such file or directory
        connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I'm lead to believe that this is an error I would receive if the Postgres db
were not running, but it is.  In fact, the way dbt5-run-workload works it
starts the database automatically.  I have also confirmed it is running by
manually connecting while this benchmark is in progress (and after it has
already started the database and logged the above error).

Any thoughts on why I might be getting this error?