Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function calling support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function calling support
Дата
Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function calling support  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <fxjrlists@yahoo.com.br>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Sorry, don't know. Can anyone on pgsql-hackers tell us the purpose of
> the FunctionCall message?

It's used to invoke the "fast path" function call code
(src/backend/tcop/fastpath.c).  libpq's large-object routines use this,
but little else does AFAIK.  The current protocol is sufficiently broken
(see comments in fastpath.c) that I'd not really encourage people to use
it until we can fix it --- hopefully that will happen in 7.4.
        regards, tom lane

PS: what in the world is npgsql-general@gborg.postgresql.org ... is that
a real mailing list, and if so why?  It sounds a bit, um, duplicative.