Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function

От Greg Copeland
Тема Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
San someone point me to what exactly is planned for the
protocol/networking stuff?  Networking/protocols is one of my fortes and
I believe that I could actually help here.

Regards,
Greg

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 09:01, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> > Sorry, don't know. Can anyone on pgsql-hackers tell us the purpose of
> > the FunctionCall message?
>
> It's used to invoke the "fast path" function call code
> (src/backend/tcop/fastpath.c).  libpq's large-object routines use this,
> but little else does AFAIK.  The current protocol is sufficiently broken
> (see comments in fastpath.c) that I'd not really encourage people to use
> it until we can fix it --- hopefully that will happen in 7.4.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> PS: what in the world is npgsql-general@gborg.postgresql.org ... is that
> a real mailing list, and if so why?  It sounds a bit, um, duplicative.

Greg Copeland <greg@copelandconsulting.net>
Copeland Computer Consulting