can not create a tablespace from psql

От hyelluas
Тема can not create a tablespace from psql
Дата
Re: can not create a tablespace from psql
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I want to create a tablespace from a command line.
I created the directory and set chmod to 0700 , still could not do it.
I can create a tablespace from Admin GUI, not from psql

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4.6 on RedHat 5.4

[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# ls -ltr psql
total 12
drwx------  7 postgres root     4096 Mar 24 11:41 profiler
drwx------  2 postgres postgres 4096 Mar 25 16:50 my_test
drwx------  2 postgres postgres 4096 Mar 25 16:52 my_test1
[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# chmod 0700 /data/psql/my_test1
[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# su - postgres
-bash-3.00$ psql
psql (8.4.6)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# create tablespace my_test1 OWNER postgres location
'/data/pgsql/my_test1';
ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/data/pgsql/my_test1": No
such file or directory
postgres=#

I need to create the tablespace from the script.

thank you for help
Helen