Обсуждение: can not create a tablespace from psql

can not create a tablespace from psql

От
hyelluas
Дата:
Hello,

I want to create a tablespace from a command line.
I created the directory and set chmod to 0700 , still could not do it.
I can create a tablespace from Admin GUI, not from psql

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4.6 on RedHat 5.4

[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# ls -ltr psql
total 12
drwx------  7 postgres root     4096 Mar 24 11:41 profiler
drwx------  2 postgres postgres 4096 Mar 25 16:50 my_test
drwx------  2 postgres postgres 4096 Mar 25 16:52 my_test1
[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# chmod 0700 /data/psql/my_test1
[root@Prof20_52_91 data]# su - postgres
-bash-3.00$ psql
psql (8.4.6)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# create tablespace my_test1 OWNER postgres location
'/data/pgsql/my_test1';
ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/data/pgsql/my_test1": No
such file or directory
postgres=#

I need to create the tablespace from the script.

thank you for help
Helen

Re: can not create a tablespace from psql

От
Rosser Schwarz
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM, hyelluas <helen_yelluas@mcafee.com> wrote:

> [root@Prof20_52_91 data]# ls -ltr psql

> postgres=# create tablespace my_test1 OWNER postgres location
> '/data/pgsql/my_test1';
> ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/data/pgsql/my_test1": No
> such file or directory

When you say 'ls', you're in a directory named 'data'.  Your CREATE
TABLESPACE statement is looking for '/data/pgsql/my_test1'.
Double-check your path and try again.

rls

--
:wq

Re: can not create a tablespace from psql

Дата:
hyelluas <helen_yelluas@mcafee.com> writes:
> I want to create a tablespace from a command line.
> I created the directory and set chmod to 0700 , still could not do it.

> [root@Prof20_52_91 data]# chmod 0700 /data/psql/my_test1

... that says "psql" ...

> postgres=# create tablespace my_test1 OWNER postgres location
> '/data/pgsql/my_test1';
> ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/data/pgsql/my_test1": No
> such file or directory

... that says "pgsql" ...

            regards, tom lane