Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round2 - compilation issues.

От Martin Goodson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round2 - compilation issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/05/2017 19:26, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, 2017-05-12 at 16:13 +0100, Martin Goodson wrote:
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lselinux
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
>> Makefile:20: recipe for target 'repmgrd' failed
>> make: *** [repmgrd] Error 1
> I just tested this on my CentOS 7 box -- FWIW, you need to following
> dependencies (these are CentOS/RHEL package names, you can find their Ubuntu
> equivalents easily):
>
> systemd
> libxslt-devel
> pam-devel
> openssl-devel
> readline-devel
> libmemcached-devel
> libicu-devel
>
> Once you install their equivalent, you'll be able to compile repmgr against
> EPAS 9.6. (Hint: Last time I used Ubuntu/Debian, their package names ended with
> -dev for the development packages)
>
> Regards,

Hello. Many thanks to yourself and Adrian for responding, it's very much
appreciated. I've only got access to Ubuntu at home, which is what I've
been trying to get this compiled against over the weekend. I wasn't
getting very far with it on our actual RHEL 7 boxes at work, and didn't
want to stick around the office until midnight and throughout the weekend :)

As Adrian pointed out, I was just about able to overcome the missing lib
dependencies and progressed further, wherein I came across the following
messages:

gcc -o repmgrd -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -g -O2
-DMAP_HUGETLB=0x40000 dbutils.o config.o repmgrd.o log.o strutil.o
-L/postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib -lpgcommon -lpgport
-L/postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib -lpq -L/postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib
-L/opt/local/Current/lib -Wl,--as-needed
-Wl,-rpath,'/postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib',--enable-new-dtags
-lpgcommon -lpgport -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz
-ledit -lrt -lcrypt -ldl -lm
/usr/bin/ld: /postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib/libpgcommon.a(exec.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: /postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib/libpgcommon.a(wait_error.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld:
/postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib/libpgcommon.a(fe_memutils.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: /postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib/libpgport.a(path.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
Makefile:20: recipe for target 'repmgrd' failed
make: *** [repmgrd] Error 1

It seems unlikely that those errors are generated simply by me not
including ld_library_path? Is this is a result of how the EnterpriseDB
postgresql is packaged somehow?

I gave up on compiling this earlier today, and just built a standard
postgresql and repmgr against the standard packages/repositories to
test/play with. I'm happy to say it seems to work alright ... *if* you
can get the software built :)

I'll try recompiling this on RHEL tomorrow (and include the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH) as suggested in an earlier message. Hopefully there
will be some progress, 'cos this is urgently required.

Do you happen to know if there's any documentation anywhere on
installing/configuring repmgr with Enterprise DB PostgreSQL (community,
*not* Advanced)?

Many thanks for everybody's help with this, it's very much appreciated.

Regards,

Martin.
--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."