privileges

От Carol Walter
Тема privileges
Дата
Re: privileges
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I asked this question yesterday, but perhaps I did so in an
unintelligible way.  I didn't get any answer that time.  Someone
usually answers my questions, so I must not have asked it very well.
I have a new database that I'm building for a faculty research
project.  I created a role called app_admin.  I granted the app_admin
role to my user name.  When I try to describe the table using the
"\d" psql command, it tells me there are no relations.  When I issue
that command logged as postgres instead of my username, all the
tables are listed.  Since this is a new server, I thought perhaps the
database connection wasn't right but I can change to another database
that I have privileges to and I can describe the tables in that
database just fine.

Please help me with this.  I have listed the privileges with the "\z"
and it shows me that my app_admin roles has all privs to all tables
and sequences.  I tried to grant the role to my username, thinking
that it might not have worked the first time.  The system says that
that username already has that role, so that's not the problem.

Thanks,

Carol