Re: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2011-02-17 at 17:50 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> What are we going to do to allow the citext update script to fix this?
> I see no sign that ALTER TYPE can fix it (and am unsure that we'd want
> to add such a feature, particularly not right now).

How would this normally be handled if a type changes properties or wants
to make use of a new property?  I guess the answer is that there is no
"normally".

> Is it time for a direct UPDATE on the pg_type row?  If so, to what?  I see
> pg_type.typcollation is supposed to be an OID, so how the heck does
> one map a bool CREATE TYPE parameter into the catalog entry?

It's 100, which is the OID of "default" in pg_collation.  The value may
be different for domains.  (Earlier versions of the feature had a
boolean column and a separate collation column for domains, but somehow
it turned out to be quite redundant.)