ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?

От Tom Lane
Тема ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?
Дата
Re: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I observe the following discrepancy between the 9.0 and 9.1 citext
install scripts:

***************
*** 52,58 ****     STORAGE        = extended,     -- make it a non-preferred member of string type category
CATEGORY      = 'S',

!     PREFERRED      = false );  --
--- 49,56 ----     STORAGE        = extended,     -- make it a non-preferred member of string type category
CATEGORY      = 'S',

!     PREFERRED      = false,
!     COLLATABLE     = true );  --

What are we going to do to allow the citext update script to fix this?
I see no sign that ALTER TYPE can fix it (and am unsure that we'd want
to add such a feature, particularly not right now).  Is it time for
a direct UPDATE on the pg_type row?  If so, to what?  I see
pg_type.typcollation is supposed to be an OID, so how the heck does
one map a bool CREATE TYPE parameter into the catalog entry?