Re: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TYPE COLLATABLE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On tor, 2011-02-17 at 17:50 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is it time for a direct UPDATE on the pg_type row?  If so, to what?  I see
>> pg_type.typcollation is supposed to be an OID, so how the heck does
>> one map a bool CREATE TYPE parameter into the catalog entry?

> It's 100, which is the OID of "default" in pg_collation.  The value may
> be different for domains.  (Earlier versions of the feature had a
> boolean column and a separate collation column for domains, but somehow
> it turned out to be quite redundant.)

While testing a fix for this, I observe that pg_dump is entirely broken
on the subject, because it fails to dump anything at all about the
typcollation property when dumping a base type.  I also rather wonder
exactly what pg_dump would dump to restore a value of
pg_type.typcollation that's not either 0 or 100.

In short: I think this feature is quite a few bricks shy of a load yet,
and there's no point in my kluging something in citext until it settles
down more.