Re: LC_COLLATE and pg_upgrade

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: LC_COLLATE and pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On ons, 2011-02-16 at 13:14 +0100, Bernhard Schrader wrote:
> If i reinitialize the database cluster, won't i have to pg_dump restore
> my data? In this case the downtime would be to big. Therefore I'm
> searching for a faster way.

I said reinitialize your new database cluster.  Since you're running
pg_upgrade, I assume your new cluster has no data in it worth keeping.

> utf8 and UTF-8, should be the same in my opinion, so i think there must
> be a way to just change this value, so that pg_upgrade can do his work,
> or is this impossible?

No, you can't change it with any reasonable effort.  (You can manually
edit pg_control and recalculate the checksum, if you must.  Don't do
that, though.)

Сообщение: Re: Moving the data directory
Сообщение: Re: Moving the data directory