Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem (postgresql 8.1.5)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem (postgresql 8.1.5)
Дата
Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)  (Glen Parker <glenebob@nwlink.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Vlad <marchenko@gmail.com> writes:
> we use tablespace feature to keep indexes on a dedicated raid array
> (for performance). What I've noticed is that when the index were
> created, based on the i/o activity it seemed that postgres was
> creating the index file somewhere on the array where the default table
> space is hosted and the data is stored.

Temp files are created in $PGDATA/base/yourdb/pgsql_tmp/.  If you have a
mind to, you can replace that subdirectory with a symlink to a (suitably
secure) directory elsewhere.