Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)

От Glen Parker
Тема Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Temp files are created in $PGDATA/base/yourdb/pgsql_tmp/.  If you have a
> mind to, you can replace that subdirectory with a symlink to a (suitably
> secure) directory elsewhere.

Tom, is it safe to assume that the contents of the temp directory do not
need to persist across Postgres restarts?  I may move ours to an
alternate volume, but the answer to this question will have an impact on
my backup strategy.

-Glen