creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem (postgresql 8.1.5)

От Vlad
Тема creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem (postgresql 8.1.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

we use tablespace feature to keep indexes on a dedicated raid array
(for performance). What I've noticed is that when the index were
created, based on the i/o activity it seemed that postgres was
creating the index file somewhere on the array where the default table
space is hosted and the data is stored. Then, when the index was
completed, it moved index file to array for indexes.

If my observation is accurate, and it really works this way, then it's
definitely point for improvement imho...

--
Vlad