Re: received immediate shutdown request caused cluster failover

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: received immediate shutdown request caused cluster failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yi Sun <yinan81@gmail.com> writes:
> Besides command run(like pg_ctl) can cause "received immediate shutdown
> request"  any other reason can cause this please?

That message indicates that something sent the postmaster process a
SIGQUIT signal (which is all that "pg_ctl stop -m immediate" does).
There's no speculation to that: a look at postmaster.c will convince
you that there is no other way to reach that message.  So you need
to be looking for things that would be sending SIGQUIT unexpectedly.

I don't know much about Patroni, but maybe something in that
environment thinks that SIGQUIT'ing random processes is a good
thing to do.